Construction Project Services
Raising the Standard Consulting Inc. has provided various services such as conducting regular inspections, providing on-going health & safety supervision, developing programs and conducting training. On a regular basis we provide safety program development, training and on-site services for construction companies.
Safety program development for:
- Hazard specific procedures
- First aid provisions and emergency procedures
- Incident notification, investigation and follow-up procedures
- Inspections & discipline procedures
- Site safety requirements (material storage, personal protective equipment, equipment and machinery, public and occupant safety, personal conduct, etc.)
- Identify worker training under the Act and Construction Reg., (WHMIS, first-aid/CPR) that needs to be carried out.
- Identify certification, trade and JHSC certification and specific training (confined space, scaffold erection, cranes, forklift, fall protection, etc.)
On Site Activity:
- Review contractor & site supervisor's responsibilities. Ensure general health and safety rules are being implemented. Identify progressive discipline where required.
- Conduct project health and safety tool box Verify subcontractors' representatives to the JHSC (meeting minutes, inspections, etc.).
- Ensure proper documentation availability (Act and Regulations, Certificate of Clearance, MSDS, orders by the MOL, hoist/crane certificates, etc. )
Mock Audits & Gap Analysis for Attaining Certificate of Recognition Program (COR)
- COR is nationally trademarked and endorsed by participating members of the Canadian Federation of Construction Safety Associations (tab). It provides employers with an effective tool to assess their health and safety management system.
- By achieving COR, employers are able to demonstrate to buyers of construction that their health and safety management system has been developed, implemented and evaluated on an annual basis through comprehensive internal and external audits.
- Over 20 years of experience assisting organizations in complying with government audit criteria. We are experts in identifying, evaluating and prioritizing your efforts in achieving a quality management system to ensure your best result at a successful audit.
- Industries serviced: Construction, not-for-profit, technology, pharmaceutical, lead abatement and automotive.
|Bird Construction||Commercial high rise||Multi-site inspection and safety management|
|Boart Longyear||Mining and Longhole drilling||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Derb Tile Construction Inc.||Residential and commercial building||Safety program development|
|Kaneff Homes||Home builders||On-site safety management|
|Kings Cross Construction||Sewer and water main||Safety program development, training and on-site safety management|
|LeFarge North America||Highway and Street Construction||Certification training for safety representatives|
|Lilja Corporation||Industrial and furnace construction||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Midas Trim Carpentry||Carpentry||Safety program development and training|
|Remington home||Home builders||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Royal Town Homes||Home builders||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Sunshine Masonry||Masonry||Safety Training|
|Technicore Construction||Core Drilling||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Thornton Industrial Installers||Installation||Safety program development, training and multi-site safety management|
|Trillium Masonry||Masonry||Safety program development and training|
Area Safety Manager, Eastern Canada Lafarge North America
We hired RTS Consulting Inc. to conduct Certification Training Levels 1 & 2, in February 2006. We were very pleased with the service and professionalism of their consultant. We would recommend RTS Consulting Inc. to other companies for this type of training.
Edward A. Hayley
Vice President, Finance & Administration Kaneff Group of Companies
RTS Consulting Inc. conducted the audit very quickly and with the utmost professionalism. We were very pleased with the thorough review and concise report provided to us, and have now retained RTS Consulting Inc. for additional work.
Vic Freeberg Lilja Corp
Eastern Operations Manager
I contracted Stanford Brown the Founder and President of Raising the Standard Consulting Inc to manage our Corporate Safety Program which included conducting, training, generating and completing all required Provincial Construction certificates and permits. He also conducted and supervised five on site safety specialists during the project. They conducted site surveys for safety control, developed and instituted providence and site safety programs, and conducted industrial hygiene measurements for various hazardous materials. To initiate the project Stanford converted our US OSHA based health and safety manual and training requirements to the Canadian Legislation for Ontario and ensured we met all related regulations during the project.
The project value was $300 000.00 US .
I would not hesitate to recommend Stanford Brown to anyone who requires his level of expertise and leadership.